Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Actually I planned to make Yoghurt Cheesecake…. a Secret recipe copycat.. But I didn’t get hold of cream cheese and my yoghurt’s coming to it’s use by date.. And I got a lot of fresh strawberries in the fridge (just went to Camerons the week before, Strawberries were on sale, RM20 /2kg @ 4 big boxes).
So, this came as a sudden idea. I planned to use digestive biscuits for this, but the minimart nearby didn’t have it. So, I changed plans to use Oreo and Weetameal instead.
No Bake Strawberry Yoghurt Tart Recipe
130gm Jacob’s Weetameal (1 small pack)
2 Tbsp honey
65 gm melted butter
150gm Oreo (1 tube)
50 gm melted butter
500gm / 2 cups good creamy strawberry yoghurt
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp sugar
1 ½ Tbsp gelatin
2 Tbsp water
2 cups of strawberries (cut into halves)
1 cup water
2 Tbsp sugar
½ Tbsp gelatin
1. Weetameal crust: Blend biscuits in a food processor, mix in honey and melted butter. Mix well.
2. Oreo crust: Blend whole cookies in a food processor and mix in melted butter. Mix well.
3. Press crumbs into a deep dish or tart foils. Freeze.
4. While tart cases are freezing, prepare filling. Bloom gelatin in water. Boil milk and sugar. Pour onto bloomed gelatin. Stir until gelatin is totally dissolved. Leave to cool down.
5. Pour yoghurt into milk, mix well. Ladle yoghurt mixture into chilled tart cases.
6. Place tarts into the fridge again to set and then prepare topping.
7. Boil water and sugar, remove from heat and sprinkle in gelatin. Stir to dissolve. Leave to cool until syrupy consistency.
8. When yoghurt filling has set, arrange strawberries on top of filling and spoon in a 5mm layer of gelatin mixture.
9. Chill in fridge until everything is set.
The tarts I made, 2 big and 2 small
Weetameal crust cut up
Oreo crust cut up
I personally prefer Oreo crust