Monday, September 22, 2008
My sis in law’s mother in law gave us a bottle of home made pandan kaya.. and it’s been weeks, we still can’t finish it.
So, I made this cake, used the kaya as filling.. yummy, yummy.
1 Tbsp Ovalette (cake emulsifier)
1 tsp baking powder
40ml thick coconut milk
1 tsp pandan paste
75gm corn oil
Filling½ cup whipped cream
2 heaped Tbsp of pandan kaya
Method:1. Preheat oven at 180C. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper. ( I used 2 trays of 10X10inch pan)
2. Beat sugar and ovalette until sugar looks crumbly and yellow.
3. Put in eggs and beat until combined.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder and combine to a smooth paste.
5. Pour in coconut milk and pandan paste. Beat until mixture is thick and fluffy. It will double up. 6. Fold in corn oil and bake in 2 baking sheets for 20 minutes each.
7. Cool cake and mix whipped cream with pandan kaya.
8. Place one layer of cake, surface side down and spread filling evenly.
9. Cut into desired size.
*** this cake freezes very well. Just thaw it for a while and yummy, yummy. Hub asked me to make this and freeze it, so that he can have some whenever he is hungry.