Powered by Blogger.

Honey Ginger Tea 蜜糖姜茶

Wednesday, May 12, 2010




I'm not feeling good tonight.

Every woman is different. Some feel the pain during, some before. Usually, I feel it, before, but not always. And it's only for a short while. Tonight it came by longer.
Before I was ever pregnant, the signs will come exactly 2 days before and after I've had children, it's no longer consistent, and having 2 kids so near has made me forgotten how these days feel like.

So, I made myself a cup of ginger tea, sweetened with honey to make it more palatable. I love ginger, so I don't find it difficult, even if I need to drink a lot of this.


2 inches of ginger, skin on and sliced thickly and smashed.
slightly more than 1 cup water
1 Tbsp honey

Put ginger and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
Pour tea into a cup and put in honey to sweeten.

Good for days like this :)

Husbands or sons, if you see your wife or mother not feeling good, try to make her this to make her feel better.


16 lovely notes:

A Full-Timed Housefly May 12, 2010 at 11:44 PM  

Oh Wendy I like this too ! It is very comforting to sip slowly and soon you'll forget about the cramp but anyway I don't have this problem but yet I drink it every now and then to disper wind.

wendyywy @ Table for 2 or more..... May 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

AFTH,
You and I have similar taste ah..:)
I don't have cramps normally,it's like once in a blue moon thingy. Last time it's just a few seconds pain thingy, and 2 days later my aunty will visit. But this prolonged mild cramp is just not usual.

Angie's Recipes May 13, 2010 at 2:26 AM  

I hope you feel much better after drinking the ginger tea. I like it with brown raw sugar.

manglish May 13, 2010 at 5:28 AM  

ohhh one of those days har hahaaah take care then

Little Inbox May 13, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

Yea, this is good for lady to warm the womb. I made this tea once, but with brown sugar.

tracieMoo May 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

I think ginger is good to remove 'wind' too, am I right, wendy?

Honey Bee Sweets May 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

Take good care...time to put up your feet and drink a nice cup of ginger honey tea. ;) Thanks for sharing this even when you are not feeling too good. ;P

wendyywy @ Table for 2 or more..... May 13, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

Little Inbox,
Just like Angie said, with brown sugar.
Will try that next time.

wendyywy @ Table for 2 or more..... May 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Tracie,
Yeah, if you feel bloated, u can consume this too

wendyywy @ Table for 2 or more..... May 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

HBS,
Yeah... Feels nice to sip a hot cup of this.

Blessed Homemaker May 18, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

My mom used to make this for me whenever I had heartburn/gastric attack. I've not had this drink for a long time. Thanks for the reminder.

wendyywy @ Table for 2 or more..... May 18, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

BH,
Oh I've never heard of ppl drinking this for gastric cases. I rarely get gastric, unless I was hungry for too long. And that rarely happens :) hahah!

Blessed Homemaker July 8, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

Just saw this :P
I get acid reflux when I hv gastric attacks so ginger really helps ;-)

wendyywy @ Table for 2 or more..... July 8, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

Blessed Homemaker,
How can it be that you just saw this???
Please check the comments above, you have left your mark here before :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.





Related Posts with Thumbnails

CopyRight

Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Malaysia License. I understand that sometimes recipes are adapted and altered according to individual needs. Please credit if my recipes are used, especially my "Personal Creations".

ALL TIME PAGEVIEWS (internal counter)

Today's Stats (installed 1/3/12)

Analytics

Share

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP