New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Quick Apricot Coconut Pie - Stone Fruits #2


A pie... how is it a pie? hmmm.
A coconut crust, apricot filling and covered with almonds? LOL. Don't ask me.

This is another recipe from my "good to see only" cookbook. I took the idea, and ditched all the liquids in the recipe, added in lime zest to boost the coconut and apricot, and changed whatever I think is the better way. The result was perfect for me. I wonder what will happen with that extra 1 cup of milk in this. It'll look like baked oatmeal I guess. It's already so moist now.... it will crumble if the golden base is not formed properly




My kids didn't take this pie well, but for me, I super dee duper loved it. Baked buttery coconut is always the better choice for me, and when there's lime and apricots , it became the winner. My first seating, I ate 1/4 of it. I told myself, STOP IT! I gained my consciousness and then quickly put it away from my sight. And each morning, I gleefully reheated it for breakfast. 1/6 of the pie at a time. LOL. It's just a 7 inch pie!

If you don't want to use apricots, I think ripe pineapple will be nice too. Banana too! Yumz. But if you don't like coconut, think twice before you want to try this. It's loaded with it. Every bite is moist tender delicious coconut.

Oh yes, the dark brown crust is the best part!


Quick Apricot Coconut Pie
Adapted with major modifications by WendyinKK
Original idea from Golden Book of Desserts

Coconut Pie Base
200gm fresh grated coconut,or frozen
80gm sugar
1 tsp lime zest
35gm plain flour
65gm butter, melted
2 eggs

Topping
1 cup chopped fresh apricots
20gm sugar
1/2 tsp lime zest
50gm almond flakes

1. Prepare a 7 inch pie plate. Grease it generously. Preheat oven at 200C.
2. Prepare pie base. Mix coconut, sugar, lime zest and plain flour together. Mix melted butter with eggs and pour this into the coconut mixture. Mix everything together.
3. Pour 2/3 of the coconut batter into the pie plate. Level it.
4. With remaining 1/3 batter , mix in apricots. Dollop this over the coconut batter in pan and level it.
5. Sprinkle almonds over. Rub sugar with lime zest and sprinkle the sugar over the almonds.
6. Bake on the lowest rack for 40minutes or until done.

2 comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...