New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, July 6, 2015

Black and White Raspberry Slice


I found one place selling raspberries cheaper than most places by about 30% and so, how could I resist but get one punnet. I made this on impulse after googling for something to do on a Sunday afternoon.

When the kids heard I was in the kitchen doing something, they ran in. Each asking me if they can help. With this being an easy bake, I agreed to let them help, all 3 of them. Lydia did the sifting and cream cheese mixture and Lyanne mixed the wet ingredients and helped with the final mixing. Not forgetting my boy with the raspberries. It was fun and enjoyable.





The original recipe was kind of large, so I reduced it into an 8 inch square brownie. Perfect for us who are not too gaga over brownies. Personally, I don't take much chocolatey stuff. I do go for some nice good chocolatey stuff, but won't binge on them,  My younger 2 are crazy for this, but as usual I had to dig out the fruits from Lyanne's portion.

My hubby said, the cake is still too sour for him. Ah well.. raspberries are always this way.
But it's yummy yummy for me to have tart, sweet and the intense cocoa together.

you want 2 slices in a go?

Black and White Raspberry Slice
Souce: Kraft with some adaptations

Cream Cheese Mixture
63g Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp caster sugar
1/2 egg, lightly beaten
50gm white chocolate chips

Dry ingredients
95gm plain flour
40gm cocoa
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
125gm caster sugar

Wet ingredients
75gm butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
1/2 Tbsp vinegar
1 egg, extra, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

100g raspberries

1. Preheat oven to 160(fan)/180C. Fully line an 8 inch shallow square pan with baking paper (make sure got overlaps)
2. Prepare wet ingredients. Mix milk with vinegar. Let it sit for 1 minute then mix with the rest of the ingredients. Set aside.
3. Prepare dry ingredients. Sift flour, cocoa powder and soda bicarb together. Then mix with sugar. Set aside.
4. Prepare cream cheese mixture. Mix softened cream cheese with sugar until smooth and lump free, then mix in eggs until smooth. Put in white chocolate chips and mix. Set aside.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Stir until no lumps are seen. (Be quick and gentle). Don't over stir. Pour this into the lined pan.
6. Dot the cream cheese mixture over the batter in pan. Use a knife and draw swirls on the batter.
7. Put raspberries onto the batter, gently pushing them in.
8. Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick is slightly wet. (If you prefer it to be fudgy like me :)
9. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, lift up and cool until warm (you can wait for it to cool totally). Slice and serve.


6 comments:

  1. 非常棒也。。。。 看了都想要吃。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, can I omit vinegar? What is the purpose of the vinegar and how it will affect the texture of the cake? I am eager to try this recipe, can I know what is the amount of milk in ml? Thank you. --- Rini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rini,
    The milk needs to be curdled with an acid, so that you can use baking soda in this recipe for a nice fluffy texture. You can use lemon juice if you like to replace vinegar.
    Standard measurement cup is 250ml, hence 1/4 cup is 63ml

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy, this is awesome! I'm going to try making it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, the pictures featured here are so alluring! Scrolling down the page, I find myself saying, "Whoa, sexy food!" haha Thanks for sharing, I'm bookmarking this recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...