New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Passionfruit Drizzle Yogurt Cake


I had some passionfruit, harvested from my garden, frozen for a year.
They still looked and tasted fine after being mummified in my freezer for that long.
It became a cake that was well loved by my family.

I had been keeping this post drafted for very long, and since this month's Bake Along's theme is Bundt Cake, I think I better dig it out and make myself be less lazy and blog. Sadly, this will be their last theme too. I rarely participate because I can't quite keep up, not even with a month's notice. This cake was baked in a Savarin pan, not quite a bundt, as a bundt cake needs to have fluted sides.

I adapted my Orange Yogurt Muffin Cake recipe into a passionfruit one, and I used one extra egg... of which was not a good decision. My cake's side curved in a bit, but the cake was really tender.




Passionfruit Drizzle Yogurt Cake
by WendyinKK 

300gm plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

165 salted butter, slightly softened
200gm sugar
4 eggs (55gm each)

200gm plain natural yogurt (not low fat)
50ml passionfruit juice (seedless)

Drizzle
100gm icing sugar
2 Tbsp passionfruit pulp
1-2 Tbsp cornstarch if you prefer a whiter glaze.

1. Preheat oven at 180C or 160C(fan). Grease and dust the pan with flour. Sift flour together with baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in 3 eggs, one after another, beating well after each addition.
3. Add in half the sifted flour and mix on low speed until combined. Add in the last egg and beat.
4. Add in yogurt and passionfruit juice and beat on low speed.
5. Add in remaining flour and beat on low speed until smooth.
6. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes to 1 hour (check doneness before remove from oven).
7. Remove from oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes. Invert the cake onto a cooling rack and let the cake dislodge.
8. Prepare drizzle : Mix everything together.
9. When cake has cooled, pour the drizzle over.


1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...