New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Chocolate Ombre Butter Cake (with video)



This cake was a random idea that popped in my head one fine day.....
Some weeks later, I made it, shared it on Facebook.... and made it again for my kids' children's day in school.

The layering for my latter attempt wasn't as good, maybe because I put it too low in the oven, hence, the layers curved up. So, in order for you to get a better looking cake than me, I suggest that you bake it on the middle rack instead of the lower rack.



Chocolate Ombre Butter Cake

Recipe by WendyinKK
Makes one 8-inch square cake

250gm salted butter, softened
160gm sugar
75g milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs (Grade A)

Sift together
120gm plain flour
100gm cake flour
2 tsp baking powder

Cocoa paste
25gm cocoa powder
50gm boiling water
50gm sugar
1/3 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Quick instructions
1. Make cocoa paste. Combine according to ingredient sequence.
2. Cream butter with sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, gradually then beat in vanilla.
4. Put half the flour in, slowly mix with mixer , then add in milk, and the remaining flour.
5. Put 325g of batter into the cocoa paste, mix and take out 325g of cocoa batter into a prepared pan.
6. Put 225g of batter into the remaining cocoa batter, mix and gently spread over the first layer.
7. Top with remaining batter.
8. Bake at 180C (Preheated, fan off) for 1 hour.

**For visual instructions, please watch the video below




Please support me and 
subscribe to my Youtube channel,
It's the one with my blog's logo



10 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely amazing! Do you think it would work if I used 220g of cake flour instead of using plain flour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely amazing, I can't wait to try it. Do you think it would work if I used 220g of cake flour instead of using plain flour too? Also, what size pan are you using for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,
    the recipe looks yummy. i can make it into 3 layer ombre cake as well with buttercream in between.
    will try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe is so yummy and amazing kindly share more cake related recipes thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cake I tried. It came out exactly what is in your picture. Taste is heaven. Texture wow. Thankyou so much for the wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your recipe is so easy to follow. Thank you for sharing.
    It was a delicious cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...