Lydia loves this dish. She ate 3 times when I cooked this. 1st when I fed her and Lyanne, 2nd when I ate, 3rd when Mike ate after he woke up from his evening nap. She hasn't been eating a lot lately and it's a great relief to see her having rice with this. Guess 2 year olds are like that, they start to choose... luckily she loves tofu.
It's pretty easy to do.
1 block of silken tofu, largely cubed
2 small packs of enoki, ends trimmed off and separated loosely.
1 pack of brown beech mushrooms, ends trimmed and separated
There's no rule to how much to put, just put as u please
2 shallots, sliced and fried til crisp in 3 Tbsp oil.
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
Some green onion slices
1. Arrange silke tofu cubes in a deep dish. Top with enoki and beech mushrooms. It'll be a huge mound, but don't worry, the mushrooms shrink a lot.
2. Steam on high heat for 7-10 minutes, until mushroom wilts.
3. Pour away liquid from dish.
4. Top with shallot and the oil it was fried in, and light soy sauce.
5. Garnish with some sliced green onions.