Powered by Blogger.

New Recipe Index

New Recipe Index is published.
The old one doesn't function anymore.
Please find the button under my Blog's title

Lean Pork Soup with Green Radish and Carrots

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sore Throat, coughing with much phlegm

It benefits the spleen and the throat, promotes urination, clears heat, eases mental stress, expels phlegm and stops coughing

300gm green radish
200gm white radish
150gm carrot
19gm bitter almonds (北杏, 5 钱)
19gm sweet almonds (南杏, 5 钱 )
2 candied dates
250gm lean pork
salt to taste

1. Rinse pork, cut into smaller pieces and scald it in boiling water for 1 minute.
2. Peel radishes and carrots, cut into chunks. Rinse the almonds and date.
3. Bring 2.5L water to a boil, and put everything in, except salt.
4. Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer for 2 hours. Season with salt and serve.

Actually this recipe needs more carrots, 300gm of it. But I only have 150gm at home, so I put in white radish, of which I had, to make up for it.

Recipe adapted from Soups for Expelling Dampness and Heat, by Chiu Sang.

11 lovely notes:

Rose Belle March 13, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

I make this soup whenever my daughter is sick and it works like wonder. I'm a true believer in using food as medicine.

CH Voon March 13, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

er... this is not halal food. but it is ok for me. :P

Angie's Recipes March 13, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

Never had green radish....the soup looks very soothing and nutritious.

Shirley @ Kokken69 March 13, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

This soup is exactly the kind of soup my mother would make. She used to force me to drink these...I don't know why but I never like to drink my mother's soup.... my last comment on your prune cake went missing, I think... recently, there seems to be some problems with the comments moderation function of Blogspot...

Blessed Homemaker March 14, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

I used to cook mixed radish soup too until I read this. So many schools of thoughts, sigh...




wendyywy March 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Rose Belle,
Yeah, I do believe that different foods have different nutritions and compounds that have certain benefits to the body

wendyywy March 14, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

I tot u like pork??

wendyywy March 14, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

It taste very delicious too!!!

wendyywy March 14, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

Errr... I publish all comments.. did u type in the verification code?
Sometimes I forget to type that when i comment in other's blogs too.

wendyywy March 14, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

Blessed Homemaker,
Sorry, I can't understand what u wrote.
My written Chinese is very limited, especially with the old format. Therefore I can't really understand what u wrote.

Blessed Homemaker March 20, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Wendy, I don't read traditional chinese too :P A friend shared this with me so I'm also sharing with you, thinking you may understand ;-)

Basically, it's one enzyme from the red carrot that will destroy the vitamin C in the other.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Malaysia License. I understand that sometimes recipes are adapted and altered according to individual needs. Please credit if my recipes are used, especially my "Personal Creations".

ALL TIME PAGEVIEWS (internal counter)

Today's Stats (installed 1/3/12)



  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP