New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Marbled Pork


Just want to show you all how does the marbled pork that I mentioned in my Stir Fried Pork with Ginger Onion looks like.

It's not a prized cut from the Japanese Kurobuta Pig. This is just a cut from the everyday pig from the everyday market. But I'm sorry to say that not all butchers know of this cut. This was introduced to my mom by her butcher, and she can't find this at other butchers.

Why is this cut so nice... it almost melts in the mouth, needs not much chewing. The marbling makes it really tender. Very good when sliced and steamed with your favourite marinade and splendid when used in quick stir fries. When my mom used this to make a quick soup with chinese long cabbage, it turned pink, I mean, pink, pastelly pretty pink.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy

    Is this the so called 假腰肉? Maybe not..haven't seen such a cut in wet market yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't know the name of the cut. Even the butcher never told my mom the name of the cut.
    All that he told my mom was these cuts were trimmed from fatty layers.

    I tried to search for the term u mentioned, but nothing can be found on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this part of meat called 夹心.
    it is part or the pork shoulder which in between 上排骨和肩膀骨之间的肉.
    because it looks flowery, some people like to call it梅花肉.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SKfong,
    Oh, why didn't I think of u in the beginning to ask about pork cuts!!!!!!!
    I forgot I knew MdD's wife!!!
    Thanks alot, now I know what to tell the butcher.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...