I love Ikea's meatballs. Besides having them the Swedish way, I want to try making them with a curry sauce.
Few years back, Mike and I went to Pangkor Laut Resort for a weekend getaway. We had lunch at Chapman's Bar on the private Emerald beach, and I fell in love with their curry meatballs. It wasn't done with coconut milk, instead it was done with cream. It was splendid!!!
16 pieces of Ikea Swedish Meatballs
Butter for frying meatballs
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Waugh's curry powder, or any other curry powder u may like
200ml cream (I used 31% fat content)
few tablespoons of water
salt and sugar to taste.
1. Thaw meatballs. Fry in butter until the outerlayer seems crisp. Dish out.
2. With remaining butter in pan, saute onions and garlic until onions turn soft.
3. Put in curry powder and fry until fragrant.
4. Put in cream and let it simmer until it turns thick and creamy. Add some water if it's too thick. Season sauce with salt and sugar.
5. Return meatballs to the sauce and coat them evenly.
6. Dish up meatballs and serve with rice/pasta or whatever u prefer.
Few days later I cooked the meatballs with a sweet and sour sauce.
Swedish meatballs in a Chinese sauce :)
Great fusion and easy to do.