Monday, March 29, 2010
I made up the muffin recipe myself to accomodate the stuff in my pantry and the topping is from one site that I've forgotten to note down. I made these Nov 2009 when blueberries from Australia were in season.
The topping makes it different, with a tang. Blueberry muffins are everywhere with different versions on the internet, but not many comes with a tangy topping. Try this if u love lemons and blueberries.
250gm cake/superfine flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 heaped tsp lemon zest
3. Remove 2Tbsp of sugar and combine it with the lemon zest. Set aside.
4. Mix the balance of sugar with sifted flour. Set aside.
5. Lightly beat eggs and combine with melted butter and yogurt.
6. Make a well in the centre of (4) and pour in (5).
7. Mix just to wet ingredient. Do not combine until very smooth.
8. Put in blueberries and lighty mix. Do not break the berries.
9. Spoon batter into 12 4oz muffin cups. Top with some lemon sugar (3).
10. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I was greedy and baked them in 10 muffin cups and see what happened.. Don't repeat my mistake and bake them in 12.
I was trying to snap some pictures using natural light on my window sill and here's what happened....
The blueberries got stolen.... by Lydia.