Thursday, June 4, 2009
I had the idea of making some roasted chicken that taste something like satay chicken.
And the end result was.... similiar and yummylicious!
It may not taste like the satay u tasted, as there's no fixed satay recipe. Satay in Perak taste different than satay in Kajang,.... somewhat sweeter in Perak. And Balinese satay is the sweetest I've ever come across. So, if this doesn't taste like what u tasted, don't come running after me with a parang.
800gm chicken pieces(I used 5 drumsticks, and 2 thighs)
1 heaped tsp salt
2 heaped Tbsp sugar
2 lemongrass (4 inches from the base)
1 inch ginger
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 Tbsp coconut milk
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp oil
1. Score few slits on chicken pieces.
2. Marinate chicken pieces with salt, sugar and turmeric.
3. Blend lemongrass, shallots and ginger to a paste. Mix with coconut milk.
4. Put (3) onto marinated chicken and rub it onto chicken pieces and into the slits or whatever crevaces.
5. Marinate for 1-2 hours. Don't marinate too long, the ginger will soften the chicken too much.
6. Rub oil and butter onto chicken before baking. Place chicken pieces onto a baking tray.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 30-40 minutes or until golden.