New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Friday, May 29, 2009
Orange Chiffon Cake
One of my favourite flavours, orange! The tang just feels.... awakening!
From Alex Goh's basic recipe, I adapted it into any flavour I want. As long as I maintain the ratio of ingredients.
Iris, hope this step by step Chiffon cake will be of help to you.
All the best in ur chiffon cake adventures.
Step-by Step Orange Chiffon Cake Recipe
115ml fresh orange juice
4 egg yolks
75ml corn oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp orange zest
4 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Combine egg yolks, oil, orange juice and sugar. Mix well.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and put into (1)and combine.
3. Stir in orange zest. Set aside
4. Place egg whites into a clean bowl and beat on low speed until it froths. Add in cream of tartar and continue to beat at high speed until soft peaks.
5. Put in sugar at 3 intervals and beat until stiff peaks.
Hmmm...not stiff at all
Stiff..... not not stiff enough
6. Lift up beaters.Ok.. see... It's stiff, very stiff and pointy. But the peaks are fat, not short and thin. If they are short and thin, you have overbeaten them, and you cake might fall out from the pan when you overturn it.
7. Put in 1/4 of egg whites into (3). Fold the egg whites into the batter. Repeat step (7).
8. Pour the whole of batter onto remaining egg whites and fold well.Please don't stir, must fold.
9. Pour (8) into a (22 or 25cm) ungreased clean tube pan. Lightly shake it left and right to level cake
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 170/180C for 40 minutes.
11. Invert pan immediately after removing from oven. Leave cake to cool down totally this way.
12. Overturn the cake.
13. Remove cake from pan. (Method in picture)