New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chicken Stew



Went to Camp Cameron during my 1st year in Uni. It was a 3 weeks thing organized by SUFES, a Christian body. The camp cook made this chicken stew that was yummy, she named it chicken stew, but it tasted Chinese instead. Well, who cares as long as it’s yummy. I just wanted to recreate the taste, and it is similar.

½ onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 whole chicken leg, chopped small pcs
½ cup carrot, sliced 1cm
1 russet potato, diced
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/3 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp cooking oil
water
Salt and pepper to taste.

1. Heat wok and put in oil.
2. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant, put in chicken and stir.
3. Lightly brown meat and put in carrot and potatoes. Stir fry for a minute.
4. Put in enough water to cover over chicken and potatoes. Put in light soy sauce.
5. Leave to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
6. Reduce gravy and cook until the potato thickens the gravy. Put in dark soy sauce, sugar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Dish up and serve.



** do not put in salt too early as the potato will absorb it all, leaving the chicken bland and potatoes salty.



2 comments:

  1. I love chicken stew so much since I was small. However, I never known how to cook it before. After I cooked chicken stew with Wendy's recipe, I just realized that was not too difficult. Inaddition, I felt so happy that I can cooked chicken stew. Thanks Wendy's recipe,



    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so good made this many times but i put the whole thing in pressure cooker and within 15 minutes its done, i dont saute or anything just put everything inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...