New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pink Dragon Fruit Jelly (火龙果冻)





During last year's class party, my student Ng Kher Chee brought this amazingly pretty jelly... It was dyed bright pink like magenta, dotted with some black seeds. She told me, it was made with the red dragon fruit.

I call this pink dragon fruit jelly, because it looks more pink than red.... wonderful colour.

I like eating the fruit raw, making it stain my lips with a pretty tint. Hehe..so vain..
the red dragon fruit..

Pink Dragon Fruit Jelly Recipe

Ingredients:
1.5L Water
200-250gm sugar
15 gm agar-agar powder
1 medium sized red dragon fruit (about 1 cup)

Method:
1. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Mix the sugar and agar powder together and pour into the boiling water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
3. While simmering, mash the red dragon fruit with a fork until it becomes a puree. Don't use a blender as we want the seeds to be visible in the jelly.
4. Turn off the fire and pour in the dragon fruit puree.
5. Stir and pour into prepared mould.
6. Wait for it to cool down and then chill in the fridge.

Actually this fruit isn't much aromatic nor does it have a distinct taste..but nontheless, it's the colour that is really pretty.
I think I may do this jelly again, with some modifications on the flavour.

I don't know why the camera cannot capture the real colour that I saw with my own eyes, it's more reddish rather than pink... a bit dissapointed..


The seeds of the dragon fruit tends to settle down on the bottom. I cut the jelly bottom side up to get a nice outlay of seeds.




The picture's reddish, I don't know why..but the seeds do look pretty ..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...