New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, October 17, 2014

Turmeric Stir fried Chicken ~ Ayam Goreng Kunyit @ My Fav Ala-Thai #3




My final fav ala-Thai

When I was pregs with #2, I craved for white rice. Sometimes, I will eat rice at 7pm, and ask rice again at 10pm. And the rice's taste cannot be overpowered by the dishes. I wanted to taste rice, but yet, won't want plain white rice with nothing.

This dish was the one that I ate with my rice cravings. Not that I didn't like this pre pregnancy, I have loved it all the while, just that, I loved it even more during pregnancy.


The dish may look dry.... but yet, the fragrance is what makes it alluring. If you are in post pregnancy confinement, you can try out this dish too. Again.... hot hot wok is crucial for the final stir frying. And don't skimp on the oil! The original method involves deep frying but I changed it to stir frying. I know the steps seem a lot... but it's just about layering the stir frying to optimize the heat.



Ayam Goreng Kunyit

tasted and recreated by WendyinKK 

330gm boneless, skinless chicken breast (1 whole breast)
1 tsp turmeric powder
¾ tsp salt
Cracked black pepper
1 Tbsp oil

1 large red onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges, and separated
10 long beans, sectioned into 2 inches long, must not be wet
1 red chilli, thickly sliced
4 cloves garlic, smashed

1. Slice chicken thinly and marinate with turmeric, salt, pepper and oil for at least 10 minutes.
2. Heat wok until very very hot. Put in onion and red chilli, and toss it around and then put in 1 tsp of oil. It will smoke up and and with a quick hand, give it a few tosses, until the onions will take on some caramelization, then dish up. If it smells good, it's done right.
3. In the same very hot wok, put in 1 Tbsp of oil, and put in long beans. Give it a good few tosses until you see the beans having specks of brown. Dish up.
4. Then in the same very hot wok, put in 2 Tbsp of oil, wait til it very hot, put in the chicken. spread it around, and let it fry until it turns partially opaque and then give it a quick toss until the chicken pieces are cooked and looks dry enough. Dish up.
5. Finally, in the same wok, wait til it's very hot, put in 1 tsp oil and put in the smashed garlic and cook until it looks golden, pour in the chicken and toss it around until the chicken pieces have fragrant golden edges. Pour in all the cooked vegetables, add a light sprinkling of salt and give it a final few tosses. Dish up.



7 comments:

  1. Hai Wendy,

    It's quite a simple dish, thanks for the idea for my dinner today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish is like sotong goreng kunyit,dry yet full of fragrant from wok hei.
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look so yummy, will have to try to make this in the near future.

    Thank you for sharing!

    Phanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been cooking this twice. So good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy,
    After so long in my bookmarked recipe list, finally I tried your ayam goreng kunyit, it came out really delicious, I loved it and will make it again sometime.
    Thank you so much for sharing, I have posted the recipe on my blog and link back to Table for 2...or more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica,
    I saw your post and it looks so nice.
    Thanks for the link back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gonna try this recipe. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...