Friday, November 21, 2008
The topping is very delicious!
This is taken from a Japanese site… Guessing the translation really makes my head scratch..but nevertheless, here’s my adaptation of it.
Whole process, almost 3 hours. Do this if u are not in a rush.
360gm Bread Flour or High Protein Flour
2 tsp Yeast
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp milk powder
1 large egg
40 ml orange juice
40gm butter (room temperature)
40 gm finely chopped walnuts
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
Zest from 1 orange
40gm melted butter (not hot!)
1. Combine bread flour, sugar, yeast, salt and milk powder. Mix and make a well in the centre.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg, add in water and orange juice.
3. Pour (2) into (1). Mix well. Knead for 10 minutes.
4. Put in butter and knead for another 8 minutes.
5. Put in raisins and knead for another 3 minutes.
6. Cover and proof until dough becomes double. (almost 1 hour)
7. Meanwhile chop walnuts, grate orange zest and mix both with sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
8. Punch dough down and knead it for a while.
9. Rub some melted butter onto palms and take a small dollop of dough (as big as a small lime) and roll into a ball.
10. Dip ball into melted butter. Roll ball on palms.
11. Dip ball onto topping (7).
12. Put ball topping side up onto a 12 inch round baking tray, starting from the rim. Arrange dough balls nicely towards the centre.
13. Wait until dough doubles up again. (almost 1 hour)
14. Bake at 170C for 15 minutes and 160C for 10 minutes.