New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Barazek (Middle Eastern Pistachio Sesame Cookies)



My hubby's aunt brought these wonderful cookies back from Australia, and I fell in love with it.
And I found out that they were middle eastern cookies.



I found a recipe on the internet with pictures that matched what I ate because I saw many barazek pictures that didn't look like what I ate.



Ingredients
3 cups sesame seeds
1/2 cups honey

1 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
2 cups flour
2 cups sugee (semolina)
1 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup chopped pistachios

Method:

Topping
Mix the sesame seeds and honey.

The dough
Cream ghee, eggs, sugar and salt.
Sift in flour, sugee and baking powder.
Mix well.

Assembly
1. Take 1/2 tbsp dough.


2. Drop dough onto chopped pistachios that has been placed on a flat plate.Lightly press dough onto pistachios.


3. With the dough sticking on the back of the spoon, drop the dough pistachio nut side up onto the sesame honey mixture.Lightly press the dough


4. Spoon out dough with generous amount of sesame sticking at the bottom.



5. Place dough sesame side up pistachio side down onto baking tray. Lightly press them flat.



6. Bake at 170C for 15 minutes



7. Cool on baking tray for 2 minutes before transfering to wire rack to fully cool down.



Yummy yummy!!

***

I made this for Chinese New Year. Hub's side of family loved this, my side who were not sesame fans... were just so so about this.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...