Thursday, April 10, 2008
I bought a can of pacific clams for Chinese New Year and I didn't use it that time.
5 leaves of Yuan Siew Pak (Chinese long cabbage, imported from China, it does taste different than local long cabbage)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 can pacific clams
1/2 cup of clam brine (from the can)
1/4 cup water
3/4 tsp corn starch
1 Tbsp cooking oil
- Boil a pot of water. Add in salt.
- Blanch Yuan Siew Pak for 1 minute. Drain and cut into desired length. Arrange on a serving plate.
- Mix clam brine and water with cornstarch. Cook mixture until it boils.
- Add in pacific clams, and simmer for few seconds. Off the fire and add in cooking oil.
- Dish up clams with gravy onto Yuan Siew Pak.