My hubby was complaining why I'm making fancy cakes nowadays.
He wants me to make simpler cakes for him instead.
So, I used the sponge recipe from Strawberry Mirror Cake to make him this pandan sponge for midnight supper.
Pandan Sponge Cups Recipe
3 egg yolks
1 tsp pandan emulco
3 egg whites
1 pinch cream of tartar
1 tbsp sugar
75gm sifted cake flour
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Beat eggs whites until foamy, then add in cream of tartar. Beat until soft peaks, then add in 1 tbsp of sugar and beat until stiff and glossy.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, egg yolks, and sugar until creamy, pale and light. Beat in pandan emulco.
4. Sift cake flour. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
5. Stir in 1/3 of beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture. Then fold in the rest of the egg whites.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups until 1cm to the rim. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
This recipe yields 12 sponge cups.