Monday, September 1, 2008
I made Dirt Pot Cakes for Lydia's 1st birthday party. And I made these again for my colleagues on Lydia's actual birthday. But in sandwich form... without any flowers or worms
The dirt pot cakes in paper cups on Lydia's birthday
With flowers and worms...
(A)110 gm flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
5 egg yolks
50ml corn oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
B) 5 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
100 gm sugar
1. Heat oven to 170C
2. Combine A to a smooth paste.
3. Beat egg whites until frothy.
4. Put in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks, add in sugar and beat until stiff.
5. Fold in 1/4 of egg whites to A, when well combined, fold in another 1/4 egg whites, then the rest of it. Do with a quick hand.
6. Place batter onto a 10 X 10 inch lined baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
200ml non dairy topping, whipped (u'll get about 2 cups of icing)
1 can of fruit cocktail, drained and chopped.
Crushed oreo cookies
1. Cut sponge into 2 slices.
2. Mix 2/3 of whipped topping with chopped fruits.
3. Spread filling onto the first layer, and top with another layer of sponge. Press well.
4. Spread remaining portion of whipped topping onto cake.
5. Sprinkle crushed oreo evenly onto cake.
6. Chill for at least 1 hour before cutting cake.