Tuesday, September 2, 2008
If you like Cocon's Mango Pudding, you'll like this one.
Before Konnyaku Jelly came into the market, I was scratching my head..... How come the commercial packaged puddings have this springy texture that we can never achieve with gelatine, or agar or whatever....... Now I know.
I looked at the packaging, and tried to figure out the ingredients to make a copycat version.. and I finally got it.
I made loads of this for my home church's fund raising event, and it sold like hot cakes... No one could figure out how to make this.. Now, I'm revealing the secret.
10gm konnyaku powder (no malic acid added)
100 gm creamer powder (coffeemate)
200ml mango concentrate ( Tesco Value, or Sun-Up will best replicate the taste)
Nata de coco (as much as u want)
1. Mix sugar and konnyaku powder together
2. Boil water, then add in creamer. Stir to dissolve.
3. Slowly spoon in sugar mixture.
4. Stir well, and let simmer for 10 minutes on low fire, stirring once in a while
5. Fill moulds with Nata de Coco with desired amount.
6. Turn off fire and pour in mango concentrate. Stir.
7. Pour jelly mixture into moulds. Chill well before serving.