New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mango Pudding 芒果布丁




If you like Cocon's Mango Pudding, you'll like this one.



Before Konnyaku Jelly came into the market, I was scratching my head..... How come the commercial packaged puddings have this springy texture that we can never achieve with gelatine, or agar or whatever....... Now I know.

I looked at the packaging, and tried to figure out the ingredients to make a copycat version.. and I finally got it.

I made loads of this for my home church's fund raising event, and it sold like hot cakes... No one could figure out how to make this.. Now, I'm revealing the secret.

Ingredients

10gm konnyaku powder (no malic acid added)
200gm sugar
1.5L water
100 gm creamer powder (coffeemate)
200ml mango concentrate ( Tesco Value, or Sun-Up will best replicate the taste)

Nata de coco (as much as u want)

Method:
1. Mix sugar and konnyaku powder together
2. Boil water, then add in creamer. Stir to dissolve.
3. Slowly spoon in sugar mixture.
4. Stir well, and let simmer for 10 minutes on low fire, stirring once in a while
5. Fill moulds with Nata de Coco with desired amount.
6. Turn off fire and pour in mango concentrate. Stir.
7. Pour jelly mixture into moulds. Chill well before serving.



20 comments:

  1. Did I mention I made this? Even DH who's not a fan of K jelly likes it too :)

    http://blessedhomemaker.blogspot.com/2009/06/mango-konnyakku-jelly.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. BH,

    Ha! so far I've never seen anyone not liking this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi may i know what its mango concentrate ?tanx^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Limei,
    Mango concentrate are those that you pour from bottles and add water to make mango drinks, like sunquick or ribena.
    If you are from Malaysia, do use the brands I recommend to achieve the best taste. Other brands taste differently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God will continue to bless your work of hands Wendy San. I find you a fantastic cook, skill in sweet and savory! Subarashi ne. Ganbade.
    :-)

    Shou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shou,
    thank you for your kind words :)
    God bless you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is konyakku powder? Where can I get them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous,
    if u're from elsewhere I have no idea.
    in Malaysia supermarkets, bakery supply shops or even mini markets will carry them. Get the one with no sugar no acid added. It's a coagulant

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I'm not sure what I've got here is mango concentrate but on the bottle lable states 'mango nectar'. Ingredients says mango 25% ( puree and reconstituted), water .etc. It's a Golden Circle Brand. It's not cordial to me, rather a juice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous,
    Sorry I have never come across the brand you mentioned. The one I use is very sweet and must be reconstituted with water at a ratio of 1:10.
    Adapt the recipe suitable for the ingredients that you have especially regarding sugar content.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy, i tried this just now and my pudding didnt set and my pudding got 2 layer :( 1 coffeemate and 1 mango :( why?? hep me

    Cheers, Jamie (fan-cy)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jamie fancy,
    Did you use fresh mango?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Wendy,

    I'm wondering whether using fresh mango puree and fresh cream would be able to result in a decent pudding. Any advice? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ling,
    Fresh mango puree is acidic and it will curdle the cream definitely resulting in a gritty pudding.
    You can rectify that with an emulsifier.
    The most natural emulsifier that you can use is egg yolks, and you will need a heck lot of it.
    Say, maybe up to 12 egg yolks for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Wendy,

    Finally i did it. :) Will post the photos tonight if i got the chance to snap it. hehe
    love it... so nice

    Cheers, Jamie (Fan-cy)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jamie Fancy,
    Oh sure I'd love to see them on FB.
    thanks yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Wendy

    Jst want to ask can i use evaporated milk instead of creamer?? If yes, what the right amount?..

    ReplyDelete
  18. anonymous(please leave a name),
    I have never tried and dare not.
    Mango concentrate is acidic and high chances it will curdle the milk.
    You can try, just substitute with the water's amount and add in last minute as milk overflows easily when boiled.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Wendy,
    Can I use fresh mango cubes to substitute nata de coco?Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shirley,
    shouldn't be a prob, try it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...