Monday, January 10, 2011
I tried making this 2 years ago during the early times of blogging…. And guess how long it took to proof?
4 hours for first proofing and another 4 after shaping!!!! Crazy right????
I guess my yeast went on holiday. It was a hot and humid night and I don’t know what happened to my yeast.
This time, the first proofing took 2 hours, 2nd proofing was 1 hour.
The name speaks for itself. Wonderfully soft bread. But once you look at the ingredients, you’ll know why it’s so soft. With that amount of coffee creamer and egg yolks… hehehehe, it’s just soft, just like having bread softeners added in. I made this cos I have 3 yolks left from my buttercream, so I used 2 here in the dough and another for the egg wash. So, if you have a few extra yolks and don’t know what to do with it, this will be a good choice.
sweet bread and buns used 100gm butter for slightly more flour, but it’s less oily compared to this. Maybe due to the yolks and creamer. Again, which is why it’s so soft.
If you don’t want to do TangZhong method or use bread softeners, maybe this will be another choice for you. I don’t know which is worse, so much creamer or little bit of bread softener. Which is the less of two evils, I have know idea. I don’ t really like creamers, after I knew they were made from palm kernel oil and non dairy whipping cream is as well.
Wonderfully Soft Bread inspired from Do What I Like who adapted from Cilinbaby
310gm bread flour
60gm cake flour
40gm coffee creamer (coffeemate)
2 tsp instant yeast
2 egg yolks
1/3 tsp salt
½ egg mixed with 1 tsp water
1. Combine (A) together. Mix it around to combine.
2. Combine (B), pour into (A) and knead to form a dough.
3. Put (C ) into the dough and knead until a smooth dough forms. (I gave this a 15 min knead by hand)
4. Cover the dough and let it proof until it doubles in size (Mine took 2 hours)
5. Punch down and knead for 1 minute.
6. Divide dough into 50 or 60gm pieces each.
7. Wrap each piece of dough with preferred fillings (I used sausages and cheese)
8. Let dough proof until double again and brush with (D). Bake in a preheated oven at 170 /190C for 15 minutes or until golden.
And to show you some of their "stuffing the bread into their mouth" pics. Actually Lyanne was trying to chomp away every piece with cheese topping.
Why is Lydia's face like that??? See below