New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Monday, January 3, 2011
Three Cups Chicken
Hi there!!! Still in holiday mood? Or glad the kids are back to school?
I'm back from my Christmas blogging break and I'm still on leave
Yes, will be back to work in March 2012. Still a long way to go, but time flies.
I’ve done 3 cups tofu and now, 3 cups chicken. And I’ve got to say, with chilli is definitely nicer.
My father in law ate a lot of rice the night I served this and it made all of us smile, because he hasn’t been having good appetite for quite some time.
Three Cups Chicken
Source: Wendyywy, based on my experience with 3 cups tofu
recipe for 4-6 pax
500gm boneless chicken whole legs, cut into 6-8 pieces each (3 medium sized)
1/3 tsp salt
60gm ginger (2 big toe sized knobs), sliced 1 cm thick and smashed
60gm onion (1 medium sized onion), cut into 8 wedges and loosened.
20gm garlic (4 large cloves), skin on, lightly smashed
1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
50ml sesame oil (or use 3.5Tbsp )
50ml light soy sauce
50ml Shao Xing wine or rice wine
1 handful of Thai basil, leaves only
1 sprig spring onion, cut into 2 inch lengths
1. Marinate chicken with salt for 15 minutes.
2. Heat wok until very hot. Put in loosened onion wedges and toss them around with spatula. Put in ½ tsp oil (yes very little) and toss toss toss until the edges are browned. This step only takes a while if your wok is very very hot. Dish up and set aside.
3. Let the wok remain very hot, put in sesame oil and when the oil gets hot, put in ginger and fry for 10 seconds, then the smashed garlic. Cook until the ginger looks slightly golden and the garlic look golden too. Put in chilli and toss for a while.
4. Put in chicken pieces and cook until meat turns opaque and juices almost turning dry.
5. Put in cooking wine and light soy sauce and cook until gravy is dry (you’ll see oil rather than gravy). Return browned onions to the wok and toss.
6. Put in spring onion. Toss.
7. Put in basil, turn off the heat and toss.
8. Dish up and serve.
This dish is quick to cook and it should not take you more than 10 mins cooking time.