Friday, March 20, 2009
Had cookie craving lately, with all those late nights waiting for Lyanne to fall asleep, I really needed some late night snacks. Tho a cookie may not be the healthiest choice, but, it does sure make me satisfied.
I've been thinking to make some cookie with coconut in it, and this recipe from Nestle Malaysia caught my attention.
1 tsp baking powder
125gm dessicated coconut
100gm cornflakes, crushed
1 tsp vanilla essence
Some red glace cherries, cut into small bits.
1. Sift flour, cornflour and baking powder together. Mix with dessicated coconut.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and beat well.
3. Fold (1) into (2)
4. Use a teaspoon, take about 3/4 teaspoon of cookie dough and shape using another teaspoon into an almost round lump. It'll look marble sized.
5. Roll into crushed cornflakes. Top with a cherry bit.
6. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes. (I baked them at 160C, cos I'm using fan forced oven)
The dessicated coconut in this made the cookie really crispy and light. I used King's Brand of dessicated coconut, and somehow I regretted it. I should have used the cheaper ones, those drier less flavourful ones. King's coconut smell seems to be a bit over the top, for me. By using the cheaper ones, the texture can be retained, but minus off a bit of the smell... It's smell... I don't call that fragance. Overall, this cookie is very nice(putting aside the aftersmell, yeah the smell comes after u chew it, cookie down the throat, and the smell'll go up the nose) , I love the texture.
Will make this again, but will use cheaper coconut.