Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Marble Cheesecake 云石芝士蛋糕
This is adapted from Kraft's site, Classic Cheesecake.
Made it into a marble cheesecake rather than a plain one.
The outcome? So so la... I prefer Alex Goh's marble cheesecake.
Being an asian.. I like things to be soft and fluffy, so a dense cheesecake is just not for my tastebuds. If u like it dense, u'll like this one. It's ok..but not very nice, in my opinion. Maybe due to the density.
Rather easy to make and bake. My first uncracked cheesecake!
Ingredients: I used 2 6 inch foil pans. Smaller pans means shorter baking time.
150 gm digestive biscuit (finely crushed)
60 gm butter, melted
Mix the above ingredients and press onto base of pan.
Bake in 160C for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
500gm cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 heaped teaspoon quality cocoa powder
2 Tbsp boiling water
1. Cream the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add in sugar and continue to beat for a minute.
3. Add in vanilla, mix well.
4. Put in eggs, one by one. Beating well after each addition. This is the cheese mixture
5. Mix cocoa powder with boiling water until smooth.
6. Put in 6 Tablespoons of cheese mixture into cocoa powder to make choc cheese mixture.
7. Put in 4 Tablespoons of cheese mixture into each prepared pan. Spread and level mixture
8. Spoon 2 Tablespoon of choc cheese mixture onto each cheese mixture. Drizzling it all over.
9. Top with remaining cheese mixture, trying to cover up the choc cheese mixture.
10. Lastly drizzle the remaining choc cheese mixture onto the 2nd cheese mixture layer.
11. Use a tooth pick or whatever with a pointy end to draw the mixture in whichever direction u like.
12. Bake in water bath, 160C 10 minutes, 140C for 30 minutes.
13. Leave to cool in closed oven for an hour.
14. Remove from oven and when completely cooled, chill in fridge for 4 hours or overnight before cutting.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA