Friday, April 24, 2009
It's one of the most expensie fishes around. This palm sized piece costs me around RM20.... and it was at offer price. It's Mike's favourite fish.
Steaming fish is really easy, and it keeps the kitchen clean.. :)
Not every fish will require so few ingredients, simply because cod doesn't carry a fishy smell, therefore, no ginger, no cooking wine is needed
1 pc cod, palm sized, 1.5cm thicness
2 cloves garlic, peeled, finely chopped
2 Tbsp oil
1 sprig spring onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
2Tbsp steam fish sauce
1. Rinse fish and pat it dry. Place on a plate and steam on high heat for 5-7 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when pricked with a fork. Remove from heat.
2. Pour fish juices away. Place sliced spring onion on fish
3. Heat wok and put in oil. Fry chopped garlic until golden.
4. Pour hot oil over fish. You will hear the spring onion sizzle.
5. Pour steam fish sauce over fish. Serve immediately