Monday, June 27, 2011
Ginger Egg Fried Rice - Confinement Month # 8
One of the traditional confinement dishes.
I hear, it's the standard "confinement breakfast".
My confinement lady told me, most of her clients will only eat this for breakfast, FOR ONE WHOLE MONTH!!!
I'll die, die not from the ginger's heat, but from boredom.
I only consume this once per week for lunch, not breakfast. It'll be too heavy if this is for breakfast.
Take note that only sesame oil is used here, no cooking oil. If this is for regular consumption, please use cooking oil.
Ginger Fried Rice
Recipe source: Wendyywy
1 cup of cooled cooked rice or rice servings for one
2 Tbsp very thinly julienned ginger
2 Tbsp chopped spring onions
2 Tbsp sesame oil (for non confinement, use regular cooking oil)
1 Free range egg
Salt to taste
*If you like more heat, add more ginger, adjust the ingredients' amount as you like.
1. Heat a wok on medium heat and put in ginger. Toss ginger around until it is no longer moist.
2. Turn heat to high and put in sesame oil. Fry ginger until it is fragrant.
3. Put in rice and toss until rice is hot.
4. Push rice aside and put in egg. Push rice back onto egg and toss until eggs are well scrambled with the rice.
5. Season with salt and continue to fry until rice and eggs are really fragrant.
6. Toss in chopped spring onions and dish up to serve.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA