Powered by Blogger.

New Recipe Index

New Recipe Index is published.
The old one doesn't function anymore.
Please find the button under my Blog's title

Black Sesame Cookies

Thursday, January 29, 2015

A simple black sesame cookie with only 4 ingredients, that is if you find toasting the sesame not difficult :)

Black may not look auspicious for Lunar New Year, but i think most of us, do wear black during the festival nowadays. We have modernized, right? Hehehe.

I used to 'not like' black sesame, but I guess, my taste have changed. I am in love with it now. I used to find it bitter, but then I found that, if the sesame was toasted correctly.. it will taste awesome. Thanks to store bought sesame tang yuan :)

The composition of this cookie is almost like a shortbread, except that I increased the portion for dry ingredients, if not, I don't think I will enjoy working with the texture. If you still find the dough to be too sticky to roll with, add a Tbsp of flour, but not too much, or else, it might turn out not as good.

Black Sesame Cookies

Recipe by WendyinKK

100gm salted butter, softened
60gm icing sugar, sifted
120gm plain flour
50gm finely ground toasted black sesame (DIY recipe)

Decoration: Black sesame seeds

1. Put the ground sesame into your mill/grinder and put in some of the measured flour. Grind it together. It will make the sesame finer. Mix the powdered sesame with the rest of the flour, set aside.
2. Mix softened butter with icing sugar until combined.
3. Pour in all the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
4. Leave the mixture for around 15 minutes, and it will be rollable.
5. Shape cookies according to preference. If you want to roll out and use a cookie cutter, a cool dough will be easier to work with.
6. Decorate with some black sesame seeds.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for around 15 minutes until the edges are slightly golden. Baking ime depends on the size of your cookies. The cookies might be slightly soft when they are hot from the oven, and will crisp up upon cooling.
8. Keep in air tight containers.

My daughters who weren't keen in the beginning... changed their minds after I insisted they take a bite. They told me these were good, despite seeing their hated seeds as deco.

It took only one night and my son secretly finished them all.
I don't know if I should be angry with him for secretly eating or happy because he likes it so much.

8 lovely notes:

Choy Christine January 29, 2015 at 12:14 PM  

Hi Wendy cant wait to try out these loving cookies! TQVM!

Jasline @ Foodie Baker January 29, 2015 at 3:18 PM  

I made black sesame cookies before and really love how they are not as sweet. Your cookies look delicious!

Fern @ To Food With Love January 29, 2015 at 7:35 PM  

Black sesame has a nice fragrance, I'd love to try this but I don't have a grinder/mill! :)
Ahhhh looks yummy though.... You ground the sesame really fine....

Francesca February 1, 2015 at 1:43 AM  

Hello I'm Francesca and I am Italian. I was looking for recipes from the world and I came across your blog. I like very much, there are many recipes from which I can take inspiration. I joined your supporters, if you want a challenge, too. Thank You.

WendyinKK February 2, 2015 at 10:59 PM  

You can use a blender, but grind the seeds together with flour

Anonymous,  February 4, 2015 at 9:37 PM  

Hi Wendy

Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe with your helpful tips. Simple, fast to make and also fast to disappear as they are addictively delicious. My kiddos are asking for more.


Michelle Siew January 21, 2016 at 3:32 PM  

Hi Wendy,

May I know roughly how many pcs it yields per recipe? Tq :)

WendyinKK January 22, 2016 at 10:12 AM  

Michelle Siew,
It depends on how thick and how big are your cookies. I can't tell you how many.
But this amount is not much, it can probably fit a small cookie container, the type with a red cap.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Malaysia License. I understand that sometimes recipes are adapted and altered according to individual needs. Please credit if my recipes are used, especially my "Personal Creations".

ALL TIME PAGEVIEWS (internal counter)

Today's Stats (installed 1/3/12)



  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP