Thursday, April 16, 2015
I loved to cook this when I was a teenager. It was easy and yummy.
Some people pick the ends of the sprouts to make the dish look more presentable. For me, I can't be bothered about it. It's not that they are inedible.
It's quite a no brainer dish, just go with your heart, as much of everything as you like :)
Add in some sliced chilli if you like it with some heat.
Beansprouts with Chinese Sausages and Egg 腊肠蛋炒牙菜by WendyinKK
2 cups of beansprouts, rinsed
1 chinese sausage, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 sprig spring onion, sectioned
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat wok on medium low and put in 1 tsp oil.
2. Put in Chinese sausages and gently fry until they start to release oil. Push them to the side.
3. Turn heat to high. Add in garlic and fry until fragrant, taking care not to burn the sausages.
4. Push sausages back into the oil and crack the egg in. Scramble the egg fry until the egg is cooked.
5. Add in beansprouts, salt and pepper and cook for a minute or two, not too long or else the beansprouts turn soggy.
6. Add in spring onion, toss everything together and turn off the heat.