New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Herb Buttered Baby Potatoes



My potato monster calls these fishball potatoes :)

Lyanne loves potatoes, all sort of potatoes, while the eldest doesn't quite like it.
There was a time when she was around two, she was so picky, that all she eats is either white rice or potatoes.

When I made this, she ate a bowl of it. Sometimes, being a mother to a picky kid, I can't think much. As long as she's willing to eat anything but the usual white rice, I'll just let her eat.



Baby potatoes that I bought here are not crumbly, they are quite firm. FYI, I got them at Tesco.
I don't have an exact recipe for this, but I can roughly tell you how I made this. I've made this few times before, and each time, I dread the peeling, but nothing beats seeing how much my daughter enjoys it.


First, peel the baby potatoes and rinse them clean.
Then, bring a pot of salted water to boil, and cook the potatoes for around 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked. You can test by poking it, if your chopstick/knife goes through easily, it is done. Drain the potatoes.
Next, heat a pan and put in some butter, around 1 heaped Tbsp for each cup of potatoes. When the butter melts, don't wait til it browns, put the hot baby potatoes in. Hold the handle of the pan, and swirl it from time to time.
When some parts take on a golden hue, it takes quite a while sprinkle in some chopped fresh herbs of choice, and lightly season with garlic salt.
Continue to swirl the potatoes until they form a light crust.

bubbling away in the pan



2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely potatoes dish! Thanks for sharing.
    My hubby and my daughter love potatoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this.... look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...