It's the season for cranberries!
I used to think cranberries were bitter and very sour.... that was after tasting a cranberry sauce meant for a roasted turkey. Surprisingly this jam was nice after all the sugar was added. No prominent bitterness.... just a faint note that can be ignored.
You can use this to spread on bread, as a filling for cookies or a topping for cheesecakes.
If not, just mix with water and take it as a drink.
Cranberries are good for you, especially the men :)
Cranberry Orange Jamby WendyinKK
1 pack of fresh cranberries (350gm)
small pinch of salt
1. Rinse cranberries and discard bad ones. Quarter each cranberry or coarsely chop it. Put into a pot.
2. Zest the orange and then juice it. Pour both in to the pot. Add in 1 cup of water.
3. Put in sugar and salt, and cook it on medium heat.
4. Meanwhile sterilize 2 jars and lids in the oven at 140C for 5 minutes.
5. When jam turns syrupy like runny honey, remove jars from oven and fill up the jars.
6. Put the cap on TIGHTLY and let it cool down totally.