New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Nutty Fruit Loaf 果仁面包
This is one very easy bread... no kneading!!! Just mix. (Discovered by accident)
Actually, I got this recipe from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody, and I found that the amount of stuff in the recipe will not produce the same results as the accidental bread she made (Well, hers was a well formed long loaf, mine was a batter type dough and she said she guesstimated the amounts, cos she was cleaning up the pantry, and she used up the ingredients in the pantry to make this loaf.) HeHe... sometimes, we do guesstimate our recipes too, right??? Same goes for my stir fry dishes, it is not accurate to the T... but a guesstimate. I didn't change her amount of liquids to flour, but just added up the amount of fruits and added in nuts... Very nutty and fruity in the end.
I baked this bread few times oredi before I posted this most recent bake.
1st stage ingredients:
1 sachet yeast
1/4 cup warm water
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups bread flour
1/3 cup melted butter (80 gm)
1. Dissolve yeast in water. Add in milk and eggs. Mix well.
2. Put flour and sugar into a big bowl and make a well in the centre.
3. Pour in yeast solution. Give it a good stir, vigourously for about 2 minutes.
4. Pour in melted butter and mix. Leave to proof for 1 hour or until double in size.
It looks like a batter now, rather than a dough.
Next 2nd stage ingredients.......
2 cups dried fruit, soaked in 1 cup hot water for 1 hour(any type, I used golden raisins, currants, cranberries, apricots, apples, dark raisins) I soaked them while waiting for the batter to proof
1 cup nut & seeds (any, I used, pumpkin seed, walnut, almonds)
2 cups all purpose flour
Some butter and egg yolk.
1. When batter has doubled, add in soaked fruits, discarding extra liquid.
2. Mix nuts with flour.
3. Spoon (2) into the batter by the spoonsful and mix. Put in more (2) and mix until all is used up.
4. Grease baking pans with butter and spoon in dough until 40% full. Slightly less than half.
5. Leave to proof for another 1 hour or until double.
6. Brush top with butter, then with egg yolk.
7. Bake in preheated oven of 170C for 30-40 minutes