New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Meet Mr R??


Hihihi!

First of all, thank you for all the well wishes and concern conveyed. I truly appreciate them.

Secondly, I'm fine, alive and kicking, fed well, resting well and everything's well.

Thirdly, sorry for not posting Mr R's picture for so long. His name is actually............ not confirmed, but then again, I'll still give out the gift according to the original intended name.

The winners are..................... *drum roll*

Elin and Mary Ng. Please email me for mailing address.

Reuben 尚文, that's his name. But my dearie is going to change them, BOTH. Sigh, it's really brain cracking. 
I really loved Reuben, ever since I had Lydia, if she had been a boy, I would've wanted to name her Reuben, which meant "First Son", but she is a girl. So, when I finally got a boy, I wanted Reuben. But alas, few days back, I realized, when combined with his surname, he could be given a very vulgar nickname in Cantonese. Something that I truly want to avoid. So, had to settle for another name. We still have  5 days to dateline to name him and hopefully we will be able to come up with it.


Now, since he will not be called Reuben, Let's call him Di-di, which meant little brother in Chinese, until he gets his name.




Di-di was good to me. The day I was supposed to be induced, June 1, I was dilated and having mild contractions(detected on the CTG), very very much to my delight! The doctor wanted to burst my water bag and put me on drip to induce me. I told him, "No". Being a third timer, haha, I knew what I want. I told him, I want to wait since I'm already dilated and contracting. And so, he only inserted a tablet in me to help with dilation and allowed me to wait...... it was 830am.


3pm, Doc came and checked my dilation, going on very well. He wanted to burst my bag again, I said no! I was having contractions, every 5 minutes. Still bearable. I want the pain to slowly build up rather than come too fast too soon too quick for me to handle.


4pm, I told my hubby to call the nurse to give me Pethidine. The pain seemed to be getting worse, and I'm not holding it well. Nurse then asked me why I didn't allow doc to burst my bag at 3pm just now. She said, it might take a long time until I get into labour and will be in pain for a much longer time. 


430pm, the Pethidine seems to be not working. I told the nurse. I wasn't groggy, the pain is still the same.


445pm, I asked for Gas. Pain is getting stronger.


5pm, 8cm dilated. Absolutely groggy with gas. Midwife found that my membrane was missing, so I have actually burst my own bag sometime ago. Well as you all know, I was low on water. How would I know. I wasn't wet at all. I might have had it gone when I went to the loo.


5.21pm, Di-di came to meet the world in his birthday suit with 2 pushes! One push less than both sisters. He's 3.16kg, with his father's nose and lips.


June 6, I went back for a check up, Doc said, "Wow, everything came so smooth and quick."
I told him, "Actually the few days before I came, I ate all the forbidden foods. Watermelon, papaya, fennel, and fenugreek, all foods that will cause contractions."
Doc laughed and said, "No wonder you were 3cm dilated when you came."


Maybe it was a coincidence that I dilated. Maybe not. I was so scared to be induced by drip that I induced myself first with foods that are supposed to cause early labour. To me, it's ok, since I'm already full term, so what's with early labour? I want to go on labour!


Haha... so, that the story. I do not know if I will get complains on this article like I did for mine on Lyanne's birth. I was told behind my back that I shouldn't have written that on my blog and it was unnecessary. But then, for those who said that, Ooooopps, I did it again! LOL.




Some of you might want to know the sisters' reaction. Whether there is any sibling rivalry or jealousy.
There is none. They both love him to bits. Sometimes too much. Lyanne always want to lay her head next to Di-di, rubbing her face against his. I just worry that she'll bang her head on him, as she is famous for her "tit tou goong", which meant, steel head kungfu.
Lydia will always want to carry Di-di. So, I asked her to sit down on the couch, firmly sitting deep with back rested, and place Di-di on her lap, teaching her to support him with her arms. But one thing I do worry is that she attempts to carry him from his bouncer whenever he cries. 
But so far, they both show deep affection for him, which is great.






Both pictures taken the night that I came back with Di-Di.

59 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your newborn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Wendy!! Di-Di is such a lovely baby!!! can't wait to pinch his cheeks haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and take good care Wendy...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and your family! DiDi is very very cute! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Yr son is so cute & handsome.
    Theresa/USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congratulations on your safe delivery! I'm so glad everything went smoothly. Your baby boy looks so cute. :) All the girls will love him. ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. Di Di looks a lot like Lydia and with lots of hair too!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gongxi gongxi! He is a beautiful baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To all,
    thank you very much.



    Belly Good Cooking,
    Haha, yes! Lydia's looks very much like her father and paternal grandma, do does Di-di.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Wendy,

    Congratulation on your new born.
    Di di looks so much like your husband :)

    cheers,
    Elyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Just got to know your blog not long but have gone thru yr older post. I'm fr Singapore. Been waiting for a couple of days to see your baby!Very lovely BOY! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats. Such a handsome baby with beautiful hair. Glad everything went well. That is funny how you ate all the forbidden fruits to induce labor. I know the impatient feeling. Rest well and enjoy your newborn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy..thanks for the winning gift :) Love it and will think of a recipe using it.

    Didi looks great ...love the hair and the sideburn of his :))

    Take care and I also in ' confinement mood ' nay not that, it is the confinement fo o o o d that I crave. Can't wait for you to post up so that I can cook some for myself :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awh ! So cute! congratulations to being mummy again :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the new arrivel and take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Wendy! Di-di is so cute. I like his hair. Same as you, I supposed to be induced which I was so scared of but eventually Lucius heard me and came to the world 2 days before the day of my induction. :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! cute cute, come Uncle Pete cubit-cubit the cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. u free this weekend?i want come to visit u?i will call u before i coming.can u sms ur full address to me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! Finally Mr R is here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats!!! hmm...I'm trying to figure out the vulgar word :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your 3rd bundle of joy!! How beautiful he is ;) Hope you manage to find the name soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOOO... Mr R is gorgeous!! Congratulations!! You and your baby are looking good..

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE all the long anticipated photos of your "Di'Di" and also those of his sisters. Oh yes, I love the wet look:D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations to you and your hubby!!! He is a handsome little young man. Look very much like his eldest sister.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations Wendy on your new arrival. He is so cute and have lots of hair. What did you eat?..hahaha. Take care

    Yen

    ReplyDelete
  26. can see that little didi looks very much like little lyanne. Is your confinement lady cooking well for you? I hope this time she cooks the red dates soup nice for you! You rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations!
    The baby looks cute..:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awwwww Wendy! Oh my god the baby is too cute! congratulations. You look well and happy. so glad everything turned out fine. When I was a third timer I sure knew what I wanted to ..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats!!! Di-Di is so handsome ♥

    ReplyDelete
  30. To all,
    Thanks for all the well wishes. He is getting more and more handsome each day, LOL. Not as "lou beng" as the first day that he was born.


    Lena,
    She's doing better this time and sure got hiccups in the beginning. But her cooking skills, sama saja la. But improve on soups cos I give her translated recipes from my blog, kakaka. Today I stir fried my own vegetables. She watch from the side and clean up after me.



    Oi Lai,
    Are u still using GPS? I'll sms u the coordinate. Or u want me to email you a map?



    Elin,
    Haha, my confinement are not that ordinary. It might not bring you the same sweet memories. Some call my diet, too modern.



    Yen,
    YOu'll know what I ate very soon. Confinement month postings coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats Wendy! Glad Mommy and Di-Di is doing well... rest well! Di-Di is such a darling already!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wendy, congrats on your new born! Love looking at your Di-di, rest well and take care ya!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So happy for your this post. Congrats Wendy!
    Di-di hao suai hor!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats Wendy! What a darling little boy.... take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Wendy,

    Congratulations on your new arrival into the family! I'm so glad to hear everything went smoothly, and btw, those who mentioned that you shouldn't have written articles like that....well, to h**k with them, what's with writing something to share about the joy a mother could have? Moreover this your blog, you have the right to share what you want...... and I'm very happy for you, take care and rest well ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations! Xiao di di is so cute and lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. "老餅" so funny! But I know what you mean! :) He's a handsome boy and congratulations to you all.
    As for being told off for what you put in your blog (I assume for all the details) it's YOUR blog and your way of remembering the special moment! Thank you for sharing your birth story!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats. very cute baby, you and your husband must be very happy.

    As I said I know the name is Reuben. well, too many already chosen it, Ok, how about Royce, if you are still finding.

    Do hava a nice and healthy confinement. Mine was already 29 years ago, but I remembered I had a modern one and violated most rules....lol. My MIL does not believe in traditional confinement and told me not to "pantang". Good for me but my mum was horrified when she saw me wearing two string dress when she visited me and kept on saying, " Wind.. oh wind would attack you, and you would have rheumatism when you grow old".

    Now I had 3 grandchildren, My DIL followed her traditonal style back home, as I was not the confinement lady, I did not advise her any. As long as one feels strong and healthy, there is no fix rules after delivery.

    Take care....and kisses to your little baby
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats Wendy! On the arrival of your healthy baby boy! He is so adorable, looks a lot like you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello Wendy,

    Congratulations! your baby is so adorable. Glad to hear that you had a smooth delivery... Take care.

    jasmine tan

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Wendy, congratulations on the smooth delivery of your baby boy. He looks sweet.
    Well, one's name will follow him/her for a lifetime and its better to find an appropriate one.
    Thank you for picking me as one of the lucky winners. My email is maryng05@gmail.com.
    Take care and enjoy your confinement.
    from:mary ng

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am just hoping from Quay Po to give you Congrats on new addition to your family..Awww what a cute kids, I have three and when I see baby so beautiful as yours I want more :))) I wish you luck, and much more sleep!:)
    Btw Nice to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wendy, Congrats! Glad to know you had a safe delivery and have a cute and handsome baby boy. Reading your whole process of getting to deliver, remind me of my elder son Lucas delivery , so touching, this is truly mother 's love. You did a great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh gosh! Your baby boy is sooooo cute! Sorry I missed this post...so bad of me lah. :P He has so much hair, very healthy looking! I wish I have the courage to have 3rd child and be as lucky as you to have a boy, lol! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Waa..looks like I m late in my wishes too! A big congratulation to you Wendy...such a cute boy!:D

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congrat Wendy !! Cute buanget.. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gosh, you sure have gone down a lot from the look of that first pic! I've been checking for postings for a couple of weeks before school reopened...then I didn't get to touch my computer. and you'll be surprised at how much more work we have now in school, wait til you go back to school la...things will be even worse when they abolish PMR and have school-base evaluation, you'll see la.

    Congrats on the latest cutie in the family! I think he will look like your two girls, with those rosy-apple cheeks! Just choose a name which you REALLY like and don't bother about registration, the fine's only a mere RM5 if you miss the 2 weeks and you'll get another month of time to think!

    Congratulations again, so happy for you! You make me wanna try for a girl myself...though my hub made it very clear to stop at 2 liao! :D

    ReplyDelete
  48. Meldy,
    I tot ur hubby asked u to try, but u said stop, unless can guarantee girl, haha.
    I'm very much the old old me, same me when I was in PESS. At that weight lor.
    We've registered oredi, and haha, sticking to the same name in the end, but changed the chinese name.
    I don't know if I'll ever get back to school for real, but then hoh, I know there'll be lots of A's if it's school based accessment. At least 50% of students getting full A's. You know la, how we are forced to help them, if not, "kena query". Why B, why C, why D.. sien diao!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow! Didi looks SO MUCH like his 2 sisters! All like from the same mold! Rest well and recuperate! Post more photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wendy, Congratulations to the new addition to your family!! I hope you are taking good care of yourself during confinement.

    Mike, you have done well having found this amazing woman to share your life with.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  51. Woo hoo! Congrats on your newborn! Great to see both baby and mommy are doing well! Yay to daddy too!

    Your daughters must be sooo excited to get a new toy to play with! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi i've nominated your blog for a Liebster award. http://healthylivingwithlin.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/liebster-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...