The middle eastern countries have different favourite spice mix recipes that makes the flavour of similar dishes distinguish from each other.
Read this site to see all the different types of spice mixes in the region. There are a few types of 7 spices, so, don't get confused with the composition.
To make this spice mix, you need
1. Ginger powder
2. Cinnamon powder (not cassia)
6. Black pepper
Mix using equal propotions.
In my case, I had these in powdered form:- ginger, cinnamon and allspice.
The others were whole spices. Take note that whole spices after ground were left with slightly more than half the amount in volume.
Lebanese 7 Spice Mix
1. Measure 1.5 tsp of fenugreek, cloves, black peppercorns and 1 nutmeg (shell removed). (Or any other whole spices that you have)
2. Lightly toast them in the oven at 140C until you can smell them. Let them cool down and grind them finely in a mill.
3. Measure out 4 tsp (tap the spoon on the counter to compact) of the milled spices, there wasn't much left in the mill, and then mix with 1tsp each of the powdered cinnamon, ginger and all spice (or any other powdered spices you have).
4. Final amount is around 7tsp.