I learnt to do this when I was a young girl, say, in primary school.
During my confinement, the confinement lady made this for my breakfast, and from then onwards, hubby has been pestering me to make whenever he sees bread around the house
French Toast Recipe
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
6-8 pcs of white bread (cut into prefered shapes)
1. Beat eggs, salt and sugar together.
2. Heat a frying pan on low .. put in some butter to melt.
3. Place one piece of bread into egg mixture and lighly coat bread. Do not soak it.
4. Put egg coated bread into pan and fry until golden brown.
5. Add in more butter and fry another batch until finished.