Monday, July 11, 2011
Pandan Lacy Crepes - Pancake Quad # 1
I made this for tea. And I gobbled it all up by myself. Leaving non for my girls. Haha! So bad of me.
Well, they were napping and I was hungry. I had some pandan leaves in the fridge and some coconut milk so why not make something simple and nice. Haha, I can still make these for them tomorrow.
This is a sweet version for roti jala (lacy crepes). Roti jala is a Malay crepe, that is usually yellow and eaten with curry. But I decided to turn it into a sweet version, and green with pandan. Actually I had this idea long ago, which was why I got this bottle from Daiso much earlier on. I have read in some blogs saying the usual roti jala cup is a menace to use. And I saw one girl improvising by poking holes into the cap of a mineral water bottle. Well, bottles are definitely easier to use as one can easily add pressure by squeezing. You can’t adjust the pressure with cups. So, if you don’t have a bottle like mine, just grab an empty small mineral water bottle and poke the cap. You will have a DIY squeezing bottle.
It was raining by the time I had this done. Tea time with rain... nice!
Pandan Lacy Crepes
Recipe Source: Wendyywy
Yields : 6 pieces
40gm all purpose flour
50gm pandan juice (no need to be too thick)
25gm thick coconut milk
Very very small pinch of salt
Kaya and bananas for serving
1. Mix eggs, pandan juice and coconut milk together.
2. Put flour and salt into a bowl. Pour 1/3 of the liquid onto the flour and with a whisk, stir vigourously. Add more liquid as you stir until the batter turns smooth and lump free.
3. Leave batter for 15 minutes at least. Pour batter into a “holey” bottle.
4. Put a few drops of oil into non stick frying pan. Wipe away excess with tissue/paper towel. Heat the pan on medium low.
5. Drizzle batter into pan, creating a lacy effect.
6. When the batter turns matte and is cooked, fold crepe into quarters right in pan before removing.
7. Serve with your favourite kaya and some sliced bananas.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA