|*I served it with Kopi-O (local black coffee). *|
Woooooahhhh.. what a long name.
Make your kids say the name properly before they can dig in. Hahah!
The same old french toast is kinda boring at times.
And sometimes we are left with just a bit of cream cheese that we don't know what to do with it....
Don't you just hate it when cheesecakes calls for 450g or 200g of cream cheese? What to do with the 50gm balance?
|*glowing in the 8.30am sun*|
This might be the most delicious solution for that pesky 50g of balance.
And a delicious breakfast that is sinful, indulgent and is worth waking up to. Oh yes, healthy with fresh fruits too!
What am I talking about? Sinful but yet healthy? Can they co-exist? Oh yes.. it can, in this french toast, it can.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
What you will need
Eggs (1 large egg should be enough to coat 2 sandwiches)
some butter (as much as you like)
honey or syrup
How to do it?
1. Smother two slices of bread generously with cream cheese, leaving a 5mm clean edge.
2. Slice some strawberries or any other fruits and lay them on one slice of the cheesy bread.
3. Cover the fruits with the other slice of cheesy bread to form a sandwich.
4. Pat them together to adhere tightly, but don't flatten it.
5. Whisk an egg.
6. Heat the pan with some butter.
7. Dip the sandwich into the egg, coating every side. Don't soak the bread in the egg.
8. Fry the eggy sandwich until all sides are golden, don't forget to fry them on the sides.
9. Drizzle with honey or syrup to serve.
I didn't use any milk or liquids in the egg coating because I'm going to serve it with honey. Further more, the strawberries or fruits will moisten the toast.
I don't like my french toasts to be very soggy and wet.
Tell me.... will you wake up to this?