Let the recipes be light this week.
I know most parents are busy with exams, right?
I'm lucky my kids aren't at this stage yet. If not you'll see me like a Lion King everyday!
My mom says this soup is good to dispelling wind the body. Shallots will make one fart, or poooot. My kids say pooooot poooooot. My mom also said, this soup is good for confinement. As having wind is one of things you don't want to have during that period. Add more white peppercorns if you can take the heat.
Shallot Chicken Soup
Recipe source: Wendyywy
1 small free range chicken (Kampung chicken), it weighed 750gm dressed
300gm Thai shallots
8-12 white peppercorns (I like it 12)
1.5L water (6 cups)
1. Bring pot of water to boil.
2. Peel skin off the chicken. Trim fatty bits off and tuck the feet inside.
3. Peel shallots and leave them whole.
4. Crack peppercorns.
5. Add in everything and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer for 2 hours.
6. Bring back to a hard boil for 10 minutes until soup looks slightly murky. Season with salt.