New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Honey Mustard Roasted Pumpkin, Beets and Carrots - Pumpkin #2




I made this for more relatives who came back from Australia few weeks later after the pumpkin sabzi.
They have past their 50's and are conscious of the things they eat. 
Having living overseas for quite a long time, they love to eat roasted vegetables.
Something my hubby find it hard to take in.

I took the opportunity to try out this dish.
Very well recieved by them. I was only so so about this.




The beet was still crunchy, pumpkin soft and carrots were ok. So, there were 3 textures in this pile of roasted vegetables. I was asked for the recipe since March, and now the relatives are back again, I better get all the pumpkin recipes posted, LOL.

Whenever these relative are back, it's always the best time to cook anything with pumpkin! LOL




Honey Mustard Roasted Pumpkin, Beets and Carrots
Recipe referred :  Taste.com.au 
Adapted and modified: WendyinKK
Serves : 10, probably

1.6kg pumpkin (before peeling, as big as my head , LOL)
250gm carrots (3 medium)
400gm beetroots (2 medium)
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp salt
Parsley for garnish

1. Peel carrots and cut into slanting chunks
2. Wash pumpkin and remove the top. Cut into half and remove seeds. Cut into 8-10 wedges for each half (skin on)
3. Wash beetroot and cut into 8 wedges each.
4. Mix oil, honey, mustard and salt together.
5. Prepare a large baking tray, line it with aluminium foil. Preheat oven to 180(fan)/200C.
6. In a large bowl, put in all the carrots and put in 1 heaped Tbsp of the dressing, toss to coat. Put carrots onto one side of the tray, tight and in a single layer
7. Put half the pumpkins into the large bowl and put in 2 Tbsp of the dressing, toss to coat and arrange onto baking tray, (fat side up, LOL). Repeat with the balance of pumpkins.
8. Put beetroot into the large bowl and coat with balance of dressing. Arrange onto baking tray.
9. Bake for 30 minutes (tossing the vege halfway thru baking) or until pumpkin gets golden.





16 comments:

  1. colorful dish, I have not tried much of beetroots yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as big as ur head :)... all ingredients with me ... and tday holiday for us,,,,now i know what im going to cook fr lunch...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, it looks good lah! So far I haven't tried roasting vege like this. But you only so so about this dish? Maybe tak ada spices so not so oomph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I finish the whole plate all by myself without any problem! Hahaha... so greedy eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like roasted root vege n pumpkin but my hubby n kids not. Sometimes I will bake some for myself. Love this recipe. Easy n flavorful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We too prefer to have roasted vegetables. I usually used brussel sprouts, peppers, carrots, cauliflower, carrots etc..

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks good to me, Wendy, only perhaps i would replace beetroot with some other veggies for my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. With an Irish boy for a bf roast vegetables (esp pumpkin, potato and beets) are always very welcome on the dining table. Love the addition of the honey that gives it a nice sheen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi,

    you should try the small Asian pumpkin (I do not know the name) rather than the big kuaylo pumpkin as the small type tastes much much better. I use only big one for soup with added spices. Butternut squash (cut in cubes)is the best version for roasting in oven with red onion, olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Lastly add some goat cheese or feta cheese before serving. Your roast veg looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wendy, looks yum..I roast the same vegs but without dressing. i try with yr dressing next
    time, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dish looks delish! I shall try this since I love pumpkin. Would it help if balsamic vinegar is used on the beetroot?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess we are more used to steam/stir fry/boil our vegetables, rather than roast, which tends to be a little dried. But again, this is a very colourful dish and will serve as a lovely side dish for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I quite like roasted vegetables...so far done potatoes and beets but never thought of roasting pumpkins and carrots! Hmm...got to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha! made me laugh reading that as big as your head!! you suddenly reminds me of that carved halloween face on pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  15. feeling all goofy in love with the honey mustard twist... honestly... i love love love it. thank you, wendy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...