Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Having living overseas for quite a long time, they love to eat roasted vegetables.
Something my hubby find it hard to take in.
I took the opportunity to try out this dish.
Very well recieved by them. I was only so so about this.
Honey Mustard Roasted Pumpkin, Beets and Carrots
Adapted and modified: WendyinKK
Serves : 10, probably
1.6kg pumpkin (before peeling, as big as my head , LOL)
250gm carrots (3 medium)
400gm beetroots (2 medium)
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp salt
Parsley for garnish
1. Peel carrots and cut into slanting chunks
2. Wash pumpkin and remove the top. Cut into half and remove seeds. Cut into 8-10 wedges for each half (skin on)
3. Wash beetroot and cut into 8 wedges each.
4. Mix oil, honey, mustard and salt together.
5. Prepare a large baking tray, line it with aluminium foil. Preheat oven to 180(fan)/200C.
6. In a large bowl, put in all the carrots and put in 1 heaped Tbsp of the dressing, toss to coat. Put carrots onto one side of the tray, tight and in a single layer
7. Put half the pumpkins into the large bowl and put in 2 Tbsp of the dressing, toss to coat and arrange onto baking tray, (fat side up, LOL). Repeat with the balance of pumpkins.
8. Put beetroot into the large bowl and coat with balance of dressing. Arrange onto baking tray.
9. Bake for 30 minutes (tossing the vege halfway thru baking) or until pumpkin gets golden.