Monday, December 10, 2012
It's been so long since I've posted about breads!
I think I should not be keeping these in my drafts any longer.
I saw this recipe in Veronica's blog and it loooooks soooo tempting.
But my cream cheese filling isn't as smooth as Veronica's. Maybe it's my itchy butt decided to chop up the cheddar slices and mix it in, LOL.
The recipe is egg free (if you skip the glaze) and with only that tablespoon of milk yields a pretty soft bun. I am impressed. Absolutely!
Chocolate Cream Cheese Bun
Original recipe source: Chef Alan Ooi
300gm bread flour
30gm cocoa powder
5gm instant yeast
1 Tbsp full cream milk powder
250gm cream cheese, room temperature
50gm icing sugar
2 slices of cheddar cheese, chopped
1 egg, beaten
1.Combine dough ingredients and knead until window pane stage. (KA speed 4, 15 minutes)
2. Cover and let it proof til double.
3. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese with icing sugar and cheddar cheese, form into 10 blobs and keep chilled until time of use.
4. Divide dough into 10 pcs and wrap with filling.
5. Place wrapped dough onto a lined tray, and let it proof for 45 minutes, until puffy and big.
6. Preheat oven at 160(fan)/180C.
7. Brush the top of dough with beaten egg and sprinkle almond nibs over.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until done.