I love eating garlic peanuts, normally they are fried.
Perfect beer food, and for me it's perfect Shandy food, LOL.
A lot of people like having peanuts for Chinese New Year because of the name that sounds like 'grow'. It's a lot cheaper to make these yourself than buying. Here, where raw materials aren't very cheap, I got mine at RM8.50/kg. And I chose to bake them instead of frying
If you love snacking on peanuts, give this a try, you might get addicted.
I have already hidden these from my husband.... LOL
Garlic Roasted Peanuts
Recipe source: WendyinKK
500gm skinless peanuts, split before use
1 tsp salt**
Half a bulb of garlic
1/2 cup water
1. Peel garlic and blend it together with salt and water until everything is really fine.
2. Put the garlic brine into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. Pour in all the peanuts, give it a stir. Let the peanuts sit, tossing them every now, until all the brine is absorbed, takes about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven at 150(fan)/170C. Line a big baking tray with baking paper.
4. Pour all the soaked peanuts onto the tray, spreading them out, preferably single layer (some being on top is fine, but not too much)
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and shake the peanuts from the paper (yeah, it sticks at this time). Stir it around and break clumps.
6. Put it back into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove and stir. Do this twice.
7. Do a taste test and bake for another 5 minutes (I did), if it's needed.
7. Let the nuts cool down totally and store in air tight container.
*The time is just a guideline, do a taste test to determine whether yours is cooked. The timing here is what I did.
** If you prefer it obviously salty, try 1/2 Tbsp salt. 1 tsp is just 'seasoned'