Monday, August 10, 2009
Citrus Cream Cheese Pound Cake
I’ve got to admit here. I’ve got a lot of backlogs!!! Say…. Just by posting them one per week, will take me months to finish. But I can’t be posting so many at one go, as it take up my time. With the writings and editing of pics…. Esp those with picture instructions, Eg: pulut panggang and orange chiffon cake. I’ve got an infant,a toddler and I cook dinner and I do housework…. Bla bla bla…..
Sorry.. so, I’ll try to post as often as I can.
Why so many backlogs..? Cos when MIL was around(she came back for Lyanne’s birth, and she went back to US 6 weeks back), I was baking and cooking a lot. Well, I need people to eat my food… and she really does make me happy cooking and baking. No.. no.. she’s no glutton, just that, when people appreciate what u do, u just seem to enjoy doing it, and doing it more. And I was trying to save the posts.. just in case after she left.. I don’t cook or bake something that I feel like posting, and I have backups to prevent my blog from getting dry. But … it didn’t happen… I still baked and cooked.. just not that often, but enough to blog.
This post has been chased after by Amy… Oh Amy, sorry for being so late. I’m glad u liked this cake so much.
Recipe adapted from Simply Anne’s. You can go to her blog from my links. Thanks Anne. Hers used mango and calamansi, but I wanted to make it full citrus. Orange, lemon and lime….. I love citrus.
The recipe I adapted it from used only 180gm cream cheese… I don’t like half used cream cheeses in my fridge, so I jacked up the whole recipe. I made a lot of cakes!!! 2 mini loaves (3X6inch), and 30 mini muffins and 20 medium muffins (egg tart size)
250gm cream cheese
3 tsp baking powder
300gm cake flour
6 large eggs
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp orange zest
60ml orange juice
1½ cups icing sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp lime juice
Lime zest for garnish
1. Preheat oven at 170/180C
2. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, one by one. Make sure batter is well combined with each addition. Put in orange juice. Mix well.
4. Sift cake flour and baking powder. Mix with orange and lemon zest.
5. Add (3) into (2), in 3 additions. Mix until no more flour is seen and batter is smooth. Do not overmix.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups (bake at 170/180C for 17-20 mins) or into mini loaf pans(170/180C for 25 mins)
7. To prepare glaze, put icing sugar into a bowl. Make a well in the center and put in lemon juice and lime juice. Mix until well combined. If consistency is not thin enough, add in more juices of preference. Pour glaze onto warm cakes.
New Youtube Channel
Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA