Sunday, August 12, 2012
|that missing corner was gobbled by my prince who happened to be in his high chair and was in reach of it|
I thought this post will never be done. Until this month's Aspiring Baker's theme is Lightened Up Cakes.
So, here comes this aweful tasting cake.
It tasted like bread....dry chewy bland banana tasting bread right after filling.
The next day, it taste more cake like, but still, not delicious at all, just more edible.
My MIL and I tried very hard to eat half of this cake over a few days. Nightmare.
Here's the original recipe from Fresh Ways with Cakes (Healthy Home Cooking)
The Cake90gm soft brown sugar
10ml safflower oil
3 large bananas, peeled and mashed
1 tsp lemon zest
175gm wholemeal flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground all spice
60gm rolled oats
1/2 tsp icing sugar
175gm Greek Yogurt
1 banana, peeled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 9X7 inch pan.
2. Whisk together brown sugar, oil, and eggs until thick and pale. Stir in the lemon zest and mashed bananas
3. Sift flour with baking powder and all spice into the banana mixture. Add the bran left in the sieve into the mixture.
4. Add the oats into the batter and fold the batter with spoon.
5. Transfer batter to the lined pan and level surface.
6. Bake it for 30 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 min in tray, then transfer to rack to cool down totally.
7. Split the cake to half horizontally and then half again vertically.
8. Combine ingredients for filling and fill the cake layers with the filling.
9. Dust top of cake with icing sugar.
*I only made half of this recipe.
I am submitting this to
hosted by Qi Ting of A Dessert Diet