Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Remember my Coconut Lemon Raspberry
My kids loved this, both Lydia the baked fruit lover and Lyanne the baked fruit hater. This recipe is nice for cleaning up those pieces of failed cakes or over riped pears. Frankly, nicer than bread pudding, kekekeke.
I also made another pan of gratin few months later with the balance of cake in the freezer when pears were seen again. Same recipe, all same same. My kids were again, excited to see it :)
Pear Pound Cake Gratin
As Seen on Tartelette
Modified version by WendyinKK
1/2 portion of Perfect Party Cake or any other pound cakes (9inch round 1inch tall)
2 large pears
1tsp vanilla extract
100gm sugar (depends on how sweet your cake is)
Melted chocolate for decoration
1. Slice cake into 12 slices.
2. Arrange the cake slices into a buttered 9 inch pan.
3. Combine milk, vanilla, eggs and sugar together.
4. Slice each pear into 12 slices. Arrange them on top of the cake slices.
5. Pour the egg mixture over.
6. Bake in a pre-heated 160(fan)/180C oven for 25-30 minutes.
7. Melt chocolate and drizzle it over the gratin.
8. Serve warm or cold.