I heard about this cheesecake from Reese and she told me how delicious it was. When I finally had a bottle of opened white wine I decided to try it out for myself.
It was still a boozy even after baking for 1 hour, so the kids were forbidden to eat.
I liked it but my hubby was only ok because he wanted it to be more cheesy. My MIL found it too boozy. So, it's pretty much up to the individual. But I'd say the texture is absolutely beautiful. Smooth and creamy but light at the same time.
My cake cracked because I haven't been baking cheesecake for a while and forgot that I had to cool it in the oven, LOL. It was getting late and I just put it under the fan.... 30 minutes later, the middle cracked.
It's not hard to hide cracks.. just decorate it :p
White Wine Cheesecake
Recipe halved from Reese's Kitchen
250gm cream cheese
75gm plain yogurt
165ml white wine (get the best one)
1 Tbsp cake flour
100g digestive biscuits, crushed
50g butter, melted
1. Wrap the 6" round ring pan with aluminium foil (wrap the outside)
2. Grease the sides of the pan (I lined my pan sides with non stick baking paper). Mix the biscuit crumbs with melted butter and press it firmly onto the pan.
3. Chill it while you prepare the cheese filling.
4. Cream the cheese and sugar till creamy (no need fluffy).
5. Add in egg and mix well.
6. Add in yogurt and wine and mix well then fold in the flour.
7. Pour into prepared tin with the biscuits base.
8. Bake at 170'C in a waterbath for 60 minutes. Let it cool in oven (door ajar) for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool down totally before chilling in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
9. Remove from pan and decorate as desired.
|this cake was hard to photograph... urrgh!|