New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Ayam Pentul, Indonesian Chicken Boxings - Wings #1


Yummy yummy! This dish seems to need more effort, but it's all worth it!

My hubby only had one comment, "Why did you make so few?"
10 and it's not enough to be shared among 3 adults, as there were other dishes as well.
Sigh. It's hard trying to guess how much the man wants to eat, right?

Thank you Nisa's mommy, it's a great dish.




Ayam Pentul (Indonesian Chicken Boxing)
Reference:  Rumah Manis with some personal adaptations

10 drummets (get big ones)

Marinade:
1 Tbsp garlic salt
¼ tsp salt (reduced from 2tsp)
½ tsp chicken stock powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp pepper (I used black)
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp evaporated milk (I used 1 heaped tsp milk powder as my wings are quite wet and I don’t want to open up a whole tin of evap. milk)
1 Tbsp olive oil (I skipped this)

Coating
1 cup flour
2 egg whites, whisked until very frothy
1 cup Panko/ bread crumbs for coating

1. Prepare dummets. Cut the skin at the end of the drummets and push the meat towards the fleshy end.
2. Marinate the drummets for +/- 15 minutes. (I did 30 minutes)
3. Dip drummets into flour, and try to form the flesh into a pinhead, or like a maracas. Repeat until all drummets are floured and formed.
4. Dip the floured drummets into the frothy egg white. Then coat with bread crumbs. Press to compact the drummets.
5. Chill in fridge for 1 hour. (Or freeze them until time of use)
6. Deep fry until golden, drain and serve.







12 comments:

  1. oo god i am hungry.... tempting pics ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,

    Wonderful drummets!!! Saliva dripping!!! May I know whether we can bake rather than fried??? Thanks.

    Susan (Singapore)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome snack food.. yeah, yr hub is right, I would want more... lol... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, they look cute leh! Not surprised that your hubby complained not enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, love the presentation, looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't normally eat drummets because there isn't much meat to eat lol! I think I have to make at least 30 to feed my boys:P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely boxing chicken, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comJune 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM

    Wendy, sedapnya.........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking pentul Wendy, never made my own but after seeing yours I'm definitely will give it a try ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. yup! this is a 'crazy' snack I said, one is never enough.. LOL ..your husband was right, Wendy .. let's make more.. don't be stingy :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wendy,
    Thanks for this lovely recipe. I will definitely try. May I know what's the purpose of dipping in frothy egg whites? Noticed this method in your Sweet & Sour Pork recipe too. After freezing will whatever it's supposed to do still work? Thanks a lot!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer,
    Actually I learnt the egg white thingy from this recipe.
    It's supposed to help the crust taste lighter.
    I'm not sure about post freezing, as I have never did it before, but my source said it can be frozen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...