Friday, September 27, 2013
I was curious about having so much veggie in the quickbread, or some of you might find it as cake. My tongue is confused just as well, haha. Quick breads are bakes that are basically prepared using the quick method, just stir the wet and dry ingredients together, like making muffins.
I was hoping my kids will eat it, but nope!
Kids are not that easily fooled.
My elder didn't like the walnuts, my middle didn't like the green specks and the youngest was too young that time.
After giving 1 loaf to my MIL, I ate it for breakfast , the next breakfast and the next next...... breakfast until they were all gone.
I actually made double cos I didn't want to use half a zucchini. Greedy greeedy! But recipe proportion below is the original amount.
Many Splendored Quick Bread
From Rose's Heavenly Cakes
242gm plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
75gm walnuts, lightly toasted, coarsely chopped
27gm instant oatmeal
113gm mashed banana
72gm muscovado sugar
2 Grade B eggs
1.5tsp vanilla extract
74gm shredded zucchini
33gm shredded carrots
1. Preheat oven to 160(fan)/180C. Prepare two -1L pans or three 650ml pans or one 1.5L pan. Fully line the pans.
2. Sift flour with baking powder and baking soda. Combine with the rest of the dry ingredients.
3. Put banana, oil, both sugars and eggs together in a mixing bowl. Beat it with mixer on med low speed and gradually drizzle in the water. Raise the speed to high and beat for 3 minutes or until it looks paler than before. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients and beat it until incorporated.
4. Put the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Beat it until just incorporated and moistened
5. Divide batter into prepared pans.
6. Bake on the middle rack for 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
*To form the split, cut with a sharp small blade in the middle after 15mins of baking, be quick and don't let the hot air escape too much