New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Whipped Cream Cake - Bundts #3


The cake looked soooooo short!! Maybe shorter than what I expected.

I wonder where did I go wrong. My pan was a 12 cup pan, recipe called for 10 cup pan,  just that 2 cup difference, but it looked really short, haha, probably I should find myself a tall slim pan. Malaysia has a pathetic selection of bundt pans. Unless I buy those that cost me 3 digits in upmarket areas. I'm too stingy for that.

And it so happened that Lena also baked the same cake (go see hers), and today we are posting it together.
And we are both using the same pan and have the same short cake, haha!
So, I blame it on the pan.




The cake tasted really fine and soft, but I'm not to say, all gaga for it. I'll eat it, but won't think of it.
It's not fragrant enough. I wonder if it's because we used whipping cream that has a lower fat %. It doesn't have a buttery fragrance, so it'll be good for those who fear the smell of butter. Texture wise, a lot lighter than butter cakes, even lighter than Mrs Ng's cake. Like half sponge cake half butter cake, and it's moist.

This cake is perfect if you want to use up that opened carton of cream, but I'll still gladly eat butter cake.


Whipped Cream Cake
Source: Rose's Heavenly Cakes


225gm cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp fine salt
348gm cold whipping cream 35% fat (original was heavy cream)
3 eggs (Grade C)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
225gm caster sugar

1. Prepare a 10-cup bundt pan(mine was 12-cup), sprayed with non stick baking spray (or u can grease and flour). Preheat oven at 170(fan)/190C. (Dark pans 160(fan)/180)
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
3. Whisk the egg and vanilla together until combined. Set aside.
4. Beat the whipping cream on low speed, gradually increasing the speed to medium high as it thickens(this is to avoid splattering, and the increment to the highest speed shouldn't take more than 2-3 minutes ). Beat until stiff peaks form (the peak can hold its shape).
5. Gradually beat in the egg mixture and the mixture will thicken and look like the consistency of mayonnaise.
6. Gradually beat in the sugar (in 30 seconds)
7. Remove the mixture from the mixer.
8. With a manual whisk, fold half the sifted flour into the cream mixture until almost all the flour dissapears, then fold the other half in until all the flour dissapears.
9. Scrape the sides with a silicon spatula and pour into the prepared bundt pan.
10. Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
11. Let the cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert it over a wire rack to cool off completely.


I submitted this post to Cook Your Books Hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours

15 comments:

  1. I tried the same Rose recipe earlier too, and don't really like it too, got kind of taste that I don't know how to describe, hahaha..so I never post it since I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh! I'm reading your blog from my mobile and have this sudden urge to sink my teeth into the picture! In a way of being a short and cute cake is very nice for the little hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked a bit ketot la...but still ohsem! And the texture...oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy, the colour and texture is beautiful. But since you are just so so about it, I will just admire the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is so even! I like the fine crumbs too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy,
    Your cake has a lovely brown crust! I've made this cake before and I really like it, and yes, this is not a very tall cake!
    Thank you for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i marked down this recipe, look the photo above...can feel the cake very soft and fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks good Wendy but hubby only likes cakes with frosting... hehe. So wont be making this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, it's a shortie :D if were to compare, i will prefer the elvis presley cake..i must find one day to make Mrs ng's cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! Fantastic texture!
    The cake looked so moist and attractive^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good looking bundt and no buttery taste? This will be one to make for my mum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. vEY BEAUTIFUL CAKE WITH NICE COLOUR AND TEXTURE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the recipe.I have made one.it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...